About The Operator
The East Palo Alto Career Center is operated by JobTrain, a workforce development training facility celebrating more than five decades in existence. JobTrain was founded on a belief in the potential of every human being. They believe that through training, encouragement and inspiration, trainees will be empowered to become self-supporting and thriving members of society. JobTrain believes in the dignity and potential of every individual; and that with opportunity and motivation, people will help themselves. JobTrain is anchored in the belief that people need and want a hand up, not a hand out.
Our services and supports focuses on connecting East Palo Alto residents with employers with whom we have relationships, and assuring that we equip our clients with the tools they will need for workplace success. We have relationships with employers in industries across the spectrum, including: health care, financial services, technology, and construction just to name a few.
With more than 50 years of experience, we know our strengths.
• Our services and supports align with the workforce demands of the Bay Area.
• Our activities are designed for residents to choose, get and keep employment as they move on the pathway towards a career.
• Mastering the job search is required to finding the right position that is the right fit for you. Our
workshops and labs provide residents with group sessions to understand key concepts and
strategies, and labs to put the information into practice.
• We know that a supportive, positive environment is key to success. For this reason, we hire staff
and work with partners who are compassionate, thoughtful and dedicated to the success of our
• Have questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions for information on the East Palo Alto
Career Center, JobTrain, job search strategies and more. Still have questions? Please contact us.
We are in this together.